- Mobile website versions which are perfectly adapted for smartphones;
- Native apps that are meant for the target mobile OS;
- Hybrid apps to match any mobile OS.
In this article, we are going to have a closer look at the current mobile app development tendencies.
Native web applications development
A mobile app is called native in case it is designed and adjusted for the particular OS – mostly iOS and Android. As a rule, businesses need to cover both these areas. Thus, most of the popular services have iOS and Android mobile apps versions. Users download them from Apple’s App Store or Google Play.
Pluses of the native mobile applications:
- The speed and the highest quality of performance in the environment;
- They are better responsive to mobile devices;
- Better integration with the OS and the hardware features of the device (for example, photo camera or the phone calls);
- The UI is perfectly adapted for the OS of your choice;
- Easier maintenance and support.
- The best choice if your target only the Android or only iOS users.
These advantages indicate the main trouble which the client would meet: if your consumers are both iOS and Android users, you need two native mobile applications. Hence, there must be two teams to develop them. It means more time, efforts and expenses. However, there is an alternative.
Hybrid mobile applications development
A hybrid solution is one mobile app that can operate in several mobile OS environments. It originated from web application development, but the product is downloadable and can even work offline.
Pluses of the hybrid mobile applications:
- Coverage of several markets with one solution;
- Integration with both the cloud services and the local file system;
- Shorter development process – only one code pattern;
- Easy maintenance and updating;
- The possibility to deploy the app to the default stores;
- The cheapest option for any client.
Technologies we use for mobile apps development
It is one of the developers’ favs when it comes to native mobile apps.
- The same code can be shared between the two main platforms (Android and iOS). This way we can build two apps faster;
- Regular updates and upgrades are delivered directly to the apps installed on smartphones/tablets. The user won’t need to refer to Google Play for the new version;
- Applications are lighter and loaded faster;
- It assures the perfect performance of widgets and compliance with the latest UI-design tendencies;
- The platform is open-source with the full documentation available.
It is the default technological choice for making hybrid apps as well as the native Android and iOS apps.
- It is the fastest option to distribute the product on the market;
- Assures proper integration of the mobile app with the hardware of the smartphone/tablet;
- Includes a library of ready components for designing the interfaces that match the latest UI/UX requirements;
- It is possible to adjust the interface of the hybrid app to the native look.
It is the most popular choice for Android native mobile apps creation. And it works for the hybrid ones as well.
- It has a great library of the ready, tested and optimized elements and solutions;
- This method assures safety due to its being open-source. Developers have access to the documentation, and there is a huge community exploring the Java functionality;
- It is perfect for large complex applications – they are created compact and light, with fast performance;
- It provides easier maintenance and improvement of the code to track and correct any issues.
This is a relatively young, but already very popular technology developed for Android.
- It makes the development and the testing much faster;
- Kotlin and Java are compatible, and it is possible to transfer an app written in Java to Kotlin easily;
- It takes a much smaller volume that is easier to check, and some code syntax errors can’t take place there due to the absence of that syntax;
- The platform has its library of ready and properly tested solutions to assure the correct and smooth performance of the application.
The technology is developed for iOS native application development.
- Guarantees full compatibility of the version upgrades and updates of the apps with their earlier versions;
- Makes the ready iOS apps less in weight;
- Assures faster performance of the applications on iOS devices;
- Includes a library of tested and approved ready solutions.
How we create mobile apps on demand
The company works with the client’s idea to turn it into a well-elaborated concept and then to create a product that will meet all the requirements.
- We run deep research to indicate the niche of the potential product on the market, the competitors, and the ways to outplay them;
- There are experts in all technologies who can develop a hybrid or native app for any platform;
- The separate team working on the design and the databases will match these two sides of the product in one whole working solution;
- We test the product thoroughly before release and support it;
- Documentation will be compiled and presented for future references.
You may check our previous projects in the mobile application development sphere.
The application for markemotion. The aim is to let the users view and evaluate hotels before making a reservation with the help of VR technologies.
heymate – the smartphone app for online deal closing.
Connact – the white label solution for personal and group communication. It lets any association create a personal social network to share news and search for people for and within its network.
Mobile apps are popular and became necessary for everyone. A modern user armed with a smartphone or tablet can do almost everything. And if some tasks are problematic so for, it only means that the appropriate app for them is not yet released.